Thursday 5 March 2009

Filming

We begun filming after we got all are needed equipment from the list. As cameraman in my group it was my responsibility to direct and film the perfect shots to fit in with the genre in are film. I filmed most the shots of the Monk and the trees when it was darker so we could use these as the images seen by Sam in his nightmare, I then filmed a shot of the monk from a low angle which again appears in his dreams, this helps make the Monk look powerful and overpowering. I also filmed the monk with a mid-shot kept the camera in the same place and made the monk change his position so when put together it looks as if the monk is moving quickly towards the camera which I found looks excellent and suits are film well, I was inspired by this after seeing it in a horror film before. The rest of the shots were filmed mid-day when it was sunny. When Sam was sleeping we tried to close off all the light in the room but then the images were too dark on film so we used a light to brighten the scene without making it look too bright like day time but bright enough to see the scene, through the sleep scene I filmed close ups of James this helps the audience to see his facial expressions and reactions to his nightmare. After filming all the shots we are happy with about 80% of them the rest we will have to re-do because they don't flow together. The running scenes I will have to re-film but other than that I am happy with the majority of my shots and after editing the ones we like I feel they work as I planned and look very effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment